Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bored at work

I'm bored. Bored bored bored. And so I blog.

I'm reading the second Dexter book, and it is quite different from the second season (the first season followed the first book up until the ending). Excellent read, graphic in some scenes but hell, it is about a serial killer.

I ordered a drop spindle and some fiber. Just waiting for it to arrive.

I want to keep up work on Jack's sweater, maybe with my parents around I can work on it more next week (they can help ward off playful kittens and overly helpful toddlers). Doing the second sleeve, then get to join the sleeves to the body and when that is all done, onto the hood. Maybe I'll work on Brett's socks too...

Quilt retreat coming up, the in-laws do it every year and I have yet to go. I will now though. Quilting (I'm working on the HP paper piecing quilt, though I only have 4 blocks done, thank you kitten and toddler), scrapping (which I haven't done in about a year), knitting and spinning. Three days to get away and craft, and only $100 for lodgings and food. Good deal.

Random thought I had and plurked about a little: Slytherins like myself are obviously Yankee fans (and I am), Hufflepuffs are obviously Cubs fans (as is Satchel from Get Fuzzy), but I'm not sure about the others. I think Griffindors would probably like the Red Sox, since they have the rivalry thing going on (both Slytherin-Griffindor and Yankees-Red Sox). I'd say Ravenclaws wouldn't be bothered with baseball, but they like Quidditch enough. Any suggestions?

Oh! I forgot to mention, the kitten of which I spoke is Petie, he is going on 12 weeks and we've had him for 9 days now. Cute but evil, like all cats. Got him for the baby's second birthday, which is a week from tomorrow.

OK, killed 8 minutes so far, let's see how far I can get in the next 30 before I leave work.

Nah, I'm not that evil. OK, maybe I am, but I'll spare you, dear reader, anyway.

Plurk me if you want, good ol' JenthePotionsMaster, as always.

Signing off from the vector core.

No comments: