Monday, January 14, 2008

New year, new luck (I hope)

2007 was, well, you decide. Here is a timeline:

Dec 22, 2007: Brett gets into a car accident. Other driver's fault so we get a new old car, but we were uninsured so we get a $710 fine. Brett is OK, he just needs to see a chiropractor every 2 days for up to 2 years.

Dec. 23, 2007: Heater goes out, landlord is out of town. We get it fixed, but still.

Dec. 25, 2007: At great-grandma's house Jack tries to climb mommy, ends up hitting his head on the thin-rugged cement floor. We need to wake him and check his pupils for signs of concussion.

Dec. 26, 2007: In an attempt to cook Jack breakfast I set the kitchen on fire. Brett has the cell phone so I end up walking to the fire station to have them clean the smoke out.

Dec. 31, 2007: Noon the new car becomes ours. 1:30 the new car dies. It is fixed now.

And then there was Jack's massive cold, Brett's massive food poisoning and me getting laid off...

But on the good side, I finished knitting my first pair of socks and I had a great interview this morning.

So who knows. Here is hoping 2008 is better for us.

No comments: